- Engaging discussions about stress, anxiety and other topics
- Practicing evidence-based mindfulness techniques during workshops, a proven tool to help manage stress and anxiety
- Educational tools from Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), an evidenced-based therapy that uses acceptance and mindfulness strategies
- Take-home resources to help manage stress and anxiety in between weekly meetings
CMHA CVB YOUTH CENTRE AT 360 FESTUBERT
- Monday to Friday except Statutory holidays
- 11am-5:30 pm
Youth 12-19 welcome
One of the CMHA-Cowichan Valley Branch’s youth programs was a familiar Trunk Road landmark for over 15 years. In 2021, BikeWorks moved to a new location at 360 Festubert Street. The COVID years brought many challenges and the change in space for BikeWorks and the loss of space for our Open Door Youth Services Centre prompted some tough decisions. The result was to continue to serve the 12-19 year old population but to include a wider range of programs and activities in the limited space available. Through our new Youth Centre, we are striving to build a safe space and community for youth that crosses economic, racial, age and gang lines and fosters feelings of belonging and acceptance.
Providing these critical “communicative spaces” is often the first step in helping youth to escape the spirals of addiction, poverty and homelessness. For many young people, having access computers, video games, and free arts and crafts activities are valuable additions to their lives. Free snacks and small meals are served during program hours and this brings in young families. In this way, the centre also functions as an anti-poverty initiative.
- Safe, welcoming, inclusive space
- Art space and supplies
- Video games
- Board games
- Foosball and Air Hockey Tables
- Free Store
- Supportive Staff
- and more...
Please call in advance of dropping off donations as we have limited storage.
Telephone Number for Youth Centre: 250.746.5512